Your website is the center of your brand identity, marketing, sales, and customer relations. Thus, it’s incredibly important to keep your website properly maintained and updated so it runs like the well-oiled machine you need it to be.
At Net Designs, we know you don’t need one more thing to worry about maintaining. That’s why unlike many website design companies, Net Designs provides optional support for the websites we build. Many of our clients choose to have us dive into their websites several times per year or more to make sure that things are running smoothly.
Lately, we’ve been busy updating back-end technology for many of our clients so their websites stay at the peak of efficiency and things don’t start going sideways. Here’s a glimpse of some of the updates and tune-ups that have been going on behind the scenes:
Update 1: PHP
Updating PHP—the coding language your website is built on—makes your website more efficient. Updating to the latest supported version can deliver a huge performance increase—up to 4x faster for older versions. A faster website will be rewarded by search engines and retain visitors better (they’ll leave if it takes too long to load), making your website more effective. Your website will also be more secure as the latest version has security features that older versions of PHP don’t have.
Update 2: Gutenberg
The content management system, or the platform your website stands on, needs to be updated regularly. These updates keep the wheels turning smoothly and efficiently, which creates a more user-friendly experience for your visitors. Recently, WordPress incorporated a new editor called Gutenberg in their latest update and your website designer will need to dive in and upgrade the entire system.
Update 3: Plugins
Plugins are pieces of software that extend functionality or add new features to your website. There’s a plugin for almost anything: contact forms, image galleries, backups, etc., and they require updates on the reg. Using aging plugins that seldom (if ever) get updated can negatively affect the overall functionality of your website.
One of the most critical components to any successful website strategy is regular maintenance. Updating and upgrading your website routinely will consistently improve its performance and increase the return on your investment.
If you have any questions about these updates or think your website could use a little TLC, contact Net Designs today!
Contact Net Designs today and let’s start a conversation!
Author: Kendall Dick, Net Designs Blogger
- What a Professional Email Can Do for Your Small Business
- Domain Name Ownership Tips
- Is Your Website Ready For 2019?
- Why Your Business Needs a Domain Name
- 7 Trust Signals Your Website Must Send
- 6 Tips for a Higher Google Ranking
- How to Create Content Google Will Love
- 6 Services You Didn’t Know Net Designs Offered
- 5 Tips for a Successful Ecommerce Website
- Are You Feeding Your Website?
- The Story Behind Net Designs
- The Power of Visual Content
- Website Content Checklist for Small Businesses
- 6 Tips to Keep Your Website Hot During Winter
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional to Write Your Blog
- 5 Steps to a Successful Website Launch
- 12 Questions to Ask Your Website Designer Before the Project Begins
- Why Your Website Needs an SSL Certificate
- It’s Time to Evaluate Your Website Content
- Regularly Scheduled Maintenance?
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes Look at Net Designs!
- 5 Biggest Mistakes of DIY Websites
- Why Your Business Website Needs a Blog
- 15 “Must-Haves” For Your Website
- Ugly Website? We Can Fix That!
- What’s the Big Deal About Mobile First?
- How to Attract More Visitors to Your Website
- 5 Signs Your Website Needs Work
- What Is Responsive Design and Why Does My Site Need It?
- Why Do I Need a Website Designer?
Net Designs, Wendy Bedell | (269) 428-5016 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Contact