Email—the workhorse of modern communication—has completely transformed the way small businesses operate.
As a small business owner, a substantial part of your communication with clients will be done via email. When getting your business up and running, it can be tempting to try and save a little money by using one of the many free email options available.
But it’s of the utmost importance to have a professional email address. Purchasing a domain name and attaching your email to this name is very inexpensive and the payoff is invaluable.
A professional email address is essential for the success of your small business. Here’s why:
1. A professional email makes a good first impression
First impressions matter—especially when your goal is to attract new customers. If your customers are anything like you, they are constantly being flooded with emails and becoming more selective of what they actually open. A professional email address creates a sense of trust from the get-go, especially when it’s from a professionally designed website, and makes a strong first impression that shows you mean business.
2. A professional email strengthens your brand
Using a personalized, professional email for your small business establishes and propagates your brand name. Every time you send out an email, recipients understand it’s from your business. And when your website domain is right in the email address, it allows your contact information to market your brand for you. Plus, you can further accentuate the brand by using an official signature template complete with your logo.
3. A professional email enhances credibility and open rates
Maintaining a professional image is important for appearing credible online. Routing your email through your business’s domain name shows that your small business is genuine and credible. When customers receive an email from an address that carries your business’s name, research shows they are more likely to respond than if they had received it from a personal email address that appears less credible.
4. A professional email accommodates multiple users
With a custom email account, you can create email aliases bearing the names of employees as well as departments like billing, customer support, and sales (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.). This will make your small business look bigger and better to your clients, making them more likely to respond to your overtures more positively.
Acquiring a professional email for your small business is incredibly simple. In fact, the only condition is having your own domain name. Net Designs can help you every step of the way, from walking you through the purchasing of a domain name, to designing an outstanding website with the latest technologies and best practices, to setting up your professional email account.
Not only will this boost your reputation as a professional, but it will also help you compartmentalize your professional and personal life better.
Contact Net Designs today and let’s start a conversation!
Author: Kendall Dick, Net Designs Blogger
- Domain Name Ownership Tips
- Is Your Website Ready For 2019?
- Why Your Business Needs a Domain Name
- 7 Trust Signals Your Website Must Send
- 6 Tips for a Higher Google Ranking
- How to Create Content Google Will Love
- 6 Services You Didn’t Know Net Designs Offered
- 5 Tips for a Successful Ecommerce Website
- Are You Feeding Your Website?
- The Story Behind Net Designs
- The Power of Visual Content
- Website Content Checklist for Small Businesses
- 6 Tips to Keep Your Website Hot During Winter
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional to Write Your Blog
- 5 Steps to a Successful Website Launch
- 12 Questions to Ask Your Website Designer Before the Project Begins
- Why Your Website Needs an SSL Certificate
- It’s Time to Evaluate Your Website Content
- Regularly Scheduled Maintenance?
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes Look at Net Designs!
- 5 Biggest Mistakes of DIY Websites
- Why Your Business Website Needs a Blog
- 15 “Must-Haves” For Your Website
- Ugly Website? We Can Fix That!
- What’s the Big Deal About Mobile First?
- How to Attract More Visitors to Your Website
- 5 Signs Your Website Needs Work
- What Is Responsive Design and Why Does My Site Need It?
- Why Do I Need a Website Designer?
Net Designs, Wendy Bedell | (269) 428-5016 | email@example.com | Contact